Elks Lodge – The Minot Elks Lodge Number 1089 was chartered on July 12, 1908. The first location was on the Southwest corner of Main Street and 2nd Avenue. The cornerstone for this building was laid on May 22,1909. The First Exalted Ruler was LJ Palda. The Palda Family is the only family in Minot to have had father, son and grandson serve as Exhalted Rulers. The Elks Lodge eventually moved west to a new home on the Northwest corner of Broadway and 2nd Avenue. This building was 2 floors and a bar and parking in the basement. The upstairs ballroom was home to many parties and wedding receptions.
Content Goes Here