The Bottom Line: Learn more about computers!
The Full Story:
- Bill Gates’ house was designed using a Macintosh computer.
- Facebook has 1.35 billion users. If it were a country, it would be the third largest in the world by population.
- One in eight married couples met online.
- Switzerland has the highest percentage of citizens who have purchased personal computers. It’s unclear how the Swiss government would know this statistic, though, since presumably, it also has the highest percentage of citizens with secret untraceable bank accounts.
- Microsoft Window tutorials are nicknamed “Crash Course.”
- Many computer viruses are written by…children? That’s right – kids and teens write most viruses in order to practice their programming skills.
- It took the radio 38-years and the television only 13, but the internet reached 50-million users in only 4-years.
- The computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in 1963. It was made out of wood (weird, huh).
- Early hard disks in personal computers held only 20-MB of data and cost around $800. In 2010 you could get a 2-GB flash drive for around $8. This implies that there is a 100-fold reduction in the price and a 100-fold increase in storage capacity.
- The computing power in today’s cell phones is much higher than the processing power of all the computers in the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander that put 2 men on the moon.