The Bottom Line: Quick facts about nuts!
The Full Story:
- It would take 11,624 pecans to reach the top of the Empire State Building.
- Pecans are tiny – but they come from very big trees! Pecan trees can be up to 150 feet tall!
- Cashew shells are actually super dangerous – they’re made out of the same plant as poison ivy!
- Pistachios are actually a fruit! But please don’t put them in a fruit salad!
- Peanuts aren’t actually nuts either. They’re legumes.
- Delta Airlines gives out 70-million packets of peanuts a year. How many do you think are actually eaten by customers?