The Bottom Line: Fun facts about classic drinks!
The Full Story:
- There are 13 minerals that are essential for human life, and all of them can be found in alcohol.
- Many people believe that there has been a worm in tequila for centuries, but that is not accurate. The drink that started this tradition was actually Mezcal, and instead of a worm, it was a Gusano butterfly caterpillar.
- The word brandy is derived from the Dutch word brandewijn; it means burnt wine.
- A bottle of Champagne contains approximately 49 million bubbles.
- Drinking a glass of milk can cause a person to blow a .02 on a breathalyzer test, and that is enough to cause legal issues in some states.
- In order to make a bottle of wine, you will need to have approximately 600 grapes on hand.
- It is so common in Europe for teenagers to be permitted to drink that they can obtain an alcoholic beverage at the cafeteria of many high schools. It is also common throughout Europe to find alcohol on the menu at McDonalds. On the contrary, laws about teenage drinking in the U.S. are the strictest in Western