The Bottom Line: The sweetest facts about chocolate!
The Full Story:
- A recent study indicates that when men crave food, they tend to crave fat and salt. When women crave food, they tend to desire chocolate.
- Aztec Emperor Montezuma drank 50 golden goblets of hot chocolate, dyed red and flavored with chili peppers, every day.
- Chocolate syrup was used for blood in the famous 45-second shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock’s movie, "Psycho," which actually took 7 days to shoot.
- The average American consumes more than 10-pounds of chocolate every year.
- 76% of Americans say the ears of the chocolate bunnies should be eaten first.
- 5% think chocolate feet of the bunnies should be eaten first.
- 4% think the chocolate tails should go first.
- One ounce of milk chocolate has only a little more caffeine than the amount of caffeine in a cup of decaffeinated coffee. White chocolate has no caffeine.
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation
- White Chocolate isn't technically Chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
- The inventor of the Chocolate Chip Cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.