The Bottom Line: Some fun facts about risk takers!
The Full Story:
- Great, opportunities often come from risk-taking.We tend to view risk-taking negatively, but while some risks certainly don’t pay off, it’s important to remember that some do. A wise man once said: “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”
- Taking risks shows confidence and helps you stand out. Want to raise your profile at work? Taking a calculated risk is also a great opportunity to stand out and to present yourself as a leader.
- We learn from risks — and those lessons may lead us on an important, new path. When you grow internally, you can expand beyond your own boundaries – isn’t that the point?
- Success won’t fall in your lap — you have to pursue it. Taking risks may be a necessary step in actively pursuing success – and really, there’s a reason for the proverb: “The greater the risk, the greater the reward.”
- You don’t achieve your dreams by playing it safe.Risk-taking won’t only potentially benefit the career-path you’re already on — it may actually open you up to a world of possibilities you haven’t considered yet.
- Embracing risk-taking helps you overcome a fear of failure.
- Taking a risk doesn’t mean doing so haphazardly.Look, no one’s suggesting you jump into a pool without checking to see if there’s water in it. BE SMART, but don’t allow your fear of failure to guide your choice. Be smart, and take the leap.