The Bottom Line: Facts you should know about recycling!
The Full Story:
- Every three months, Americans throw enough aluminum in the landfills to build our nation's entire commercial air fleet.
- The average person has the opportunity to recycle more than 25,000 cans in a lifetime.
- Recycling a single aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
- Without exception, recycling is the top action society can do to simultaneously improve: the environment, the economy, sustainable manufacturing and to prevent waste from going into oceans.
- When U.S. recycling levels reach 75% it will be the environmental and CO2 equivalent of removing 55-million cars from U.S. roads each year.
- When U.S. recycling levels reach 75% it will generate 1.5-million new jobs in the U.S. (net).
- Manufacturers truly want these materials back to reuse in their manufacturing, but they aren't able to reuse the materials if people don't recycle right.
- The nonprofit standardized label mission is the #1 solution to help society begin to recycle right and therefore, help recycling begin to thrive.