Steenstrup Jewelry – Olaf Steenstrup, a native of Norway and member of a family of a long line of jewelers, founded Steenstrup’s Jewelry in 1919. The first store was in the Johnson building in downtown Minot. In 1926 Steenstrup’s moved into the State Theater building on Main Street. Harry Steenstrup, son of the founder, purchased the Smart Building in 1953 and the store moved to 30 West Central Avenue. Eventually Tom Steenstrup, son of Harry and grandson of Olaf, took over the business and moved to the Town & Country Shopping Center until it closed.