Jun 12 - Minot Memories - Jacobson Fugelso Hardware

Jacobson & Fugelso Hardware – Established in 1890 by Martin Jacobson, the store was 71 years old during the 1961 Diamond Jubilee—1n 1907 the store became Jacobson & Fugelso Hardware – The original hardware store was in a single 25X60 foot room. In 1902 it expanded to a 3 story building, occupying one floor—the building also housed the Jacobson Opera House and Union National Bank, now the home of the Taube Museum of Art. That building was destroyed in a fire in 1923 and later rebuilt by the bank.—The hardware store built in a new location at 13 – 15 Central Avenue East (now the home of Central Avenue Variety and at one time the Town Crier) --in its day Jacobson & Fugleso carried a full line of hardware, paint, Toro Mowers and Schwinn Bicycles

Jacobson Fugelso first delivery wagon

title

Content Goes Here