A clothes dryer fire damaged a home in southwest Minot Tuesday morning (June 16).
Crews from the Minot Fire Department responded to 412 8th Ave SW at 10:55 a.m. for reports of smoke coming from the home’s basement. All occupants of the home had safely evacuated the home when fire crews arrived on scene.
Firefighters made their way into the basement and extinguished the fire, and then ventilated the structure and checked the home for any other flames. Fire investigators determined the dryer to be the cause of the fire. Firefighters remained on the scene until 4 p.m. when the home was turned over to the owners.