The City of Minot will hold a fall cleanup week on Sept. 21-25 to help residents dispose of unwanted items free of charge.
During the cleanup week, City crews will not pick up old electronics, paints, stains, oil, varnishes and other household hazardous waste placed on the curb. Residents can bring these items to the household hazardous waste collection event on Sept. 25-26 at the Public Works building.
For the fall cleanup week, the city will be divided into four sections, with City of Minot crews concentrating on one section per day during the week of Sept. 21. During the fall cleanup week, residents can also bring approved waste to the City of Minot landfill free of charge if they provide a Minot utility bill to prove they are a City sanitation customer.
A map of the four zones for the fall cleanup week can be found on the City of Minot’s website at https://www.minotnd.org/278/Routes-Schedule.
The following guidelines will be in effect for the fall cleanup week:
- There is a limit of two appliances per household.
- Tires and propane tanks will be accepted.
- Any items placed in the alley will not be collected.
- All waste should be set on the boulevard or curb before 7 a.m. on your scheduled day.
- All containers that are not garbage cans will be thrown away.
- Yard waste, trees and branches should not be set out as part of the fall cleanup week.