Looking for love on-line? Here are some terms you may want to school yourself on!
- Main Character Energy – More than ever, singles are focusing on themselves and not bothering with people who don’t fit their standards. In fact, 49% of singles say they have made changes in their life to put themselves first, with 32% of men saying they were rejected because a date wanted to “focus on themselves.”
- Eco-Dumping – Singles are concerned about the environment, with many noting that disagreeing on environmental topics are a deal breaker and 20% saying they’ve dumped someone because they didn’t share their views on climate change and the environment.
- Heat Doming – Apparently some singles are dating to mooch some household amenities, with 20% off singles saying they had someone who wanted to date them strictly to access things like their heat, air conditioning, pool and more. That number goes up to 30% for Millennials and Gen Z.
- Infla-Dating – The economy is having a big effect on dating, with this trend seeing people go on cheaper dates to save money in the current economic environment. In fact, 48% of Millennials and Gen Z say they’ve suggested budget friendly dates for this reason.
- James-Webbing – Named after NASA’s new super space telescope, this trend has singles giving potential partners a closer look, with 54% saying they agreed to go on a date with someone after getting to know them better.
- OnlyPlans – Flakey dates are apparently becoming more common, with 52% of singles saying they’ve experienced someone who repeatedly plans dates but never actually follows through with them, coming up with a variety of excuses.