The Top 10 Best States to Live In
(Click here to see how your state ranks)
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- New York
WalletHub has just released their list, which ranks the states on 51 factors related to livability, grouped into five main categories - affordability, economy, education & health, quality of life and safety.
- They compared the states on everything from housing costs to the quality of hospitals to high school graduation rates.
- Based on all of that, Massachusetts tops the list as the best state to live in now.
- It’s number one for education and health, sixth for both safety and quality of life and 11th for economy.
- But Massachusetts is also pricey, coming in at 44 for affordability.
- Alabama is number one for affordability, North Dakota is first for economy, New York tops the list for quality of life and New Jersey is first for safety.
- At the bottom of the list is New Mexico, which is dead last for safety and 47 for education and health.