The biggest trends in toys this year include:
- Hello Dolly - Dolls are always a popular toy, but thanks in part to the “Barbie” movie, the doll aisle will be busier than ever. Favorites from The Toy Insider include Barbie Dreamhouse Playhouse, Cry Babies Newborn, Disney ily 4EVER Fashion Dolls, and The Fresh Beats Collection.
- Bake It ‘til Ya Make It - We tell kids not to play with their food, but these toys encourage pretend play in the kitchen. Kids will love the Disney Princess Style Collection Fresh Prep Gourmet Kitchen, My Baking Oven with Magic Cookies, and the Build-a-Slice Pizza Cart.
- Kids at Heart - “Kidulting” is trendy this year, as more adults than ever are playing with toys and toy companies are making some with them in mind, like the 3Doodler Flow 3D Printing Pen Set, Lite-Brite Touch, and Risk The 1980’s Edition.
- Make & Create - Building and creating are valuable skills for kids of all ages and toys that involve music, jewelry, and assembling are big this year. Top picks include Hydraulic Boxing Bots, Magix Sketch Glow, and Snap FM Radio.
- Movin’ and Groovin - Being active is important for both physical and mental health and playtime can encourage kids to move with toys that get them up on their feet. The Toy Insider recommends 3-in-1 Skate Trainers, KanJam Pickleball, and Sesame Street Elmo Slide.
- Pet Frenzy - Digital pets and furry friends are ideal for kiddos since they encourage nurturing and responsibility, without the mess and stress of real animals. This year’s top toy pets include Pokémon Dreams Plush, My Fuzzy Friends: Magic Whispers Kitty, and Little Live Pets My Puppy’s Home.
- Pint-Size Pals - Kids love to connect with the characters from their favorite shows and movies and they’re making their way to play with toys including a PAW Patrol Chase's Mighty Transforming Cruiser, Batman and Wonder Woman Tonies, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem Pizza Fire Van.