Valley View Drive garage fire caused by grill on a wooden deck

The garage fire at 1315 Valley View Drive on July 18 was caused by a grill on a wooden deck, according to Fire Marshal Dean Lenertz.

After an investigation, Lenertz reported that the grill was last used at 4:30 p.m. and the cover put on it at about 5 p.m. The residents left the home at about 6:30 p.m. It appears that the cover for the grill may have started on fire and/or a hot ember fell from the grill onto the wooden deck, starting the deck on fire. The fire then spread to both the attached and detached garages. Two vehicles were also heavily damaged.

There was also some damage to a neighbor’s house and truck. No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

On The Air With KCJB

On The Air With KCJB

Want to know more about On The Air With KCJB? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 91 Classic Country KCJB! Read more

title

Content Goes Here